Ages Considered-Charity hearts
The elderly persons are very needy and vulnerable but often left out in development interventions and yet lack almost all basic needs to live a happy life. Most of them are sickly, weak and can barely do any work to survive or take care of them-selves. It is worse for those that live alone because they lack any one to support them with household chores or provide them with household items that enable them live a happy life. These elderly in most cases lack company and psycho-social support and only live waiting for their time of death.
Its against this back ground that Ages considered organized a needs assessment but at the same time a donation visit to the elderly in Mende village, Wakiso district. This was aimed to reach out to the most vulnerable among the elderly. These were to be supported with various household items like clothes, shoes, bed sheets, basins, sugar, soap and many other household items but also to pick basic information about what are the most pressing needs in their lives and communities for which ACO can develop proposals to fund raise for them.
The main objectives of the visit included;-
- To support the elderly persons with household items to help them improve their quality of lives and help them live a decent life.
- To gather data about various community needs through participatory approaches that will aid in generation of concepts for aid fundraising.
Digital environmental impact project (Our environment is our pride)
Climate change is a reality and more vivid now days in our era. It is affecting our lives both socially and economically. Some places have been affected more than others but the impact is growing and expanding each day. And if massive awareness is not created we shall all suffer the consequences hugely.
80 % of Uganda’s population is dependent on agriculture as the main source of delivering livelihood. Agriculture in Uganda in mainly rain feed yet weather patterns are now very unpredictable. This is greatly affecting production of food, thus leading to hunger, poverty and healthy related problems (malnutrition)
The current trends now days derive their learning from stories that touch their lives. A video speaks more clearly than a thousand words. Sending awareness messages through video mechanism is the best way to create awareness and target a wider audience effectively
Empowering communities to task duty bearers, demand for actions aimed at saving the environment and reduce the effects of climate change through creating awareness and advocacy.
- Information and communication technologies for sustainable environment management and development- Establish innovative ways of using social media at grassroots levels for environmental advocacy inclusive of men, youth, and women.
- Support participatory planning for environmental protection at community and national levels based on ecological systems in target areas Harness gendered land management options for effective’s environmental protection.
- Improve public confidence in recycling and further encourage the culture of recycling across Uganda.
855 Total views, 1 views today